Hair She Goes! Twelve Women Entrepreneurs Recognized by 100 Black Men of Atlanta, Inc. | Marilyn Johnson Women of Color Achievement Award@DryerBuzz
Twelve women entrepreneurs from the Atlanta area honored by 100 Black Men of America with the Marilyn Johnson Women of Color Achievement Award on June 12th, at an event sponsored by IBM and PNC.
The inaugural event was hosted in Baltimore in 2010 through a partnership between the Women Presidents’ Organization and 100 Black Men of America. The women will be acknowledged for their commitment to economic empowerment within the community.
“The WPO is proud that the prestigious organization of 100 Black Men of America has seen fit to recognize this powerful group of women business owners,” said Marsha Firestone, Ph.D., President & Founder of the WPO. “Each one demonstrates outstanding leadership qualities while running multi-million dollar businesses that promote economic security while also lending their time and energy to local projects. They are truly role models for women and girls everywhere. ”
The following women honored:
- Phyllis Newhouse, Extreme Solutions Inc.
- Pamela Robinson, Financial Voyages LLC
- Stacey Scott, Elgia, Inc.
- Vela McClam Mitchell, Georgia International Travel
- Mary Parker, ALL n1 Security Services, Inc.
- Brooke Jackson Edmond, Jackmont Hospitality
- Sharmeen Hawkins, SOAR Hospitality Group LLC
- Loretta Washington, LCW Engineering
- Monica Maldonado, Interprint
- Juanita Baranco, Baranco Automotive Inc.
- Carolyn Hogan Byrd, Global Tech Financial
- Pat Lottier, Atlanta Tribune-The Magazine
Hair She Goes! — You just got the buzz from www.DryerBuzz.com — Combing the headlines. Transforming the way we look — at life.Guest Blog or Pitch A Story, News or Opinion via http://Pitch.DryerBuzz.com Find exactly what you’re looking for in Browse The Classifieds at DryerBuzz.com